Another opening in our Auckland office. The role is both hands-on and customer facing: responding to client requests, dealing with day-to-day BAU changes, break-fix engineering, and assisting our senior network architects to design and implement solutions.
Operating in both the Auckland and Wellington CBDs, Spectrum is a services company with a 17 year enterprise pedigree. We have a strong focus in emerging technologies, from container platforms to data virtualisation, Internet-of-Things, and sensor data. Our Network and Security practice is integral to our entire business where, in addition to the usual switches and routers, we have a strong focus on bringing enterprise grade security features to public cloud deployments.
At Spectrum we have a deliberate focus on culture. We support a healthy work/life balance, and encourage flexible working. We are an inclusive community with a fortnightly “family meal” and other social, team-building, charity, cultural, and strategy events.
This is a mid-senior level role and suited to someone with 5+ years of experience in the network and security fields. The role is customer facing. You must be comfortable representing Spectrum to our customers and will be well presented.
- Required Technical Skills
- Recent hands on experience with Fortigate firewalls essential.
- Experience with other firewall / security platforms is a plus.
- Excellent knowledge of networking technologies, switching, routing, routing protocols, firewalls, load balancers, security principles, VPN technologies, and network monitoring tools.
- Hands on experience with major vendor network equipment such as: Cisco, HP, Junos, Aerohive, Aruba, or F5.
- Previous experience supporting large scale enterprise deployments is essential.
- Experience with Linux (especially in the networking stack including iptables, bridging, and SDN) is also a distinct advantage.
Non Technical / Soft Skills
- Self motivated and independent. You must be able to work without supervision when required while also being willing to take direction from Spectrum technical leadership.
- Analytically minded. You must be able to logically work a problem in a systematic manner – especially where this may cross into areas outside of network technology.
- Excellent communicator. You must be able to communicate with both technical and non-technical staff, write emails that do not include text speak, and produce legible documents.
- Well presented. You will be the face of Spectrum.
- Sense of fun. No really, we’re not Initech, we don’t want your TPS reports. We want you to enjoy working with us, and we want to enjoy having you around.
Technical skills are important, but we are looking for the right fit. If that’s you, then we’d love to welcome you aboard for the ride!
If this sounds like you, or if you have questions, or need clarification, please email Josh Warman, firstname.lastname@example.org